- The Ankylosaurus was a large, armor-plated dinosaur.
- They lived in North America during the late Cretaceous period, from 70 to 65million years ago.
- It was about nine meters long and weighed around five tons.
- The Ankylosaurus grazed on low lying vegetation.
- They mainly eat small plants, ferns and shrubs.
- Bony plates in the body protect its eyes too.
- Belly was the only part of the body that was not protected.
- To say, they were the last dinosaurs to be wiped out during this period.
- Ankylosaurus fossils have been found in the United States and Canada.
For more essays, please click the link below: