- The Compsognathus had a small, pointed head with a tapered snout and big, sharp teeth.
- It had small arms with clawed fingers and long, thin, hind legs with three toed feet and a tail longer than its body.
- The Compsognathus used its tail to help balance while running.
- The Compsognathus had hollow bones like birds.
- Scientists believed that Compsognathus are the closest relatives of the ancient bird, Archaeopteryx.
- They were the smallest meat eating dinosaurs.
- Scientists know this because they have found remains of lizards, small animals, and insects inside their skeletons.
- They were bipedal dinosaurs who were swift runners.
- They lived in Bavaria, Germany and France during the late Jurassic Period about 150million years ago.
- The Compsognathus was one of the smallest dinosaurs that ever lived, being only almost the size of a chicken.
- They were around half a meter long, 30centimetres tall and weighed only 4.5kilograms.
For more essays, please click the link below: