- The Diplodocus had a fat body with short, column-like legs.
- It had an extremely long neck, and a very long, whip-like tail.
- In fact, they had the longest tail of any animal on earth.
- They had a small head and a tiny brain.
- Their head even had a hole in it.
- It weighed probably between 10,000 to 20,000 kilograms much lighter than many other large dinosaurs.
- The Diplodocus ate only plants, using its blunt teeth, which helped it to strip foliage.
- It mostly fed on conifers but may also have fed on seed ferns, ferns, club mosses and horsetails.
- They were herbivores.
- Scientists have found that Diplodocuses lived in groups.
- This protected them from predator dinosaurs.
- Diplodocuses also traveled in herds, migrating from one place to another once they had cleared an area of all vegetation.
- They lived for up to 100years.
- Diplodocus were large sauropods which lived in the Western United States during the Jurassic Period 150million years ago.
- They grew around 27metres long and 14metres tall.
For more essays, please click the link below:
- Few lines on Ankylosaurus
- Few lines on Brachiosaurus
- Few lines on Compsognathus
- Few lines on Allosaurus
Comments are closed.