- The Cheetah is a wild cat.
- It is the fastest of all land animals, able to run at a speed of up to 110km per hour. However, it maintains this speed for only 30seconds.
- Cheetahs have a slender body with long, slim legs and a long tail. They have a yellowish coat with many small, black spots. They have two black stripes which run from their eyes down to the corners of their mouth.
- Cheetahs live in the open grasslands, savannas, and mountainous terrain of eastern and southern Africa.
- Cheetahs hunt and kill birds and other small animals such as hares and warthogs.
- Cheetah cubs are protected by their Mother cheetahs and they move their cubs from one place to another until they are about 6weeks old to protect them from predators.
- Male cheetahs sometimes form small groups with their brothers, while female cheetahs live alone with their cubs, teaching them how to hunt by bringing small live animals to the cubs and releasing them so that the cubs can chase and catch them.
- Cheetahs make a variety of sounds to communicate with each other, including purrs, bleats, barks, and chirps.
For more Essays on Animals, please click the link below.