- The Revolution of Earth causes a change in seasons.
- There are four seasons like summer, winter, spring and autumn.
- As the earth revolves around the sun, the part which receives more heat and light has summer and the part with little heat and light has winter.
- In India, summer is very hot because of the nearness of the equator.
- The days are hot and long while the nights are short.
- People usually wear light colored cotton clothes to escape from heat and to absorb the sweat.
- They like to stay indoors during this time.
- Children get summer holidays at the end of the academic year to escape from heat.
- People use fans and air conditioners to tolerate the heat.
- Many rivers run dry in summer all over India causing problems with drinking water.
- Water is very scarce during this time.
- Mango is a summer fruit and it is available in plenty during this season.
- Watermelons are available in plenty and it helps the people to manage heat during this time. It saves them from getting thirsty and tired.
- Tender coconuts play a major role. It is a refreshing drink for people.
- People like to drink chilled drinks like coconut water, buttermilk, juices and eat ice creams during this summer season.
Comments are closed.