We can make reading books a fun and exciting hobby. Children can read books of their own liking and interest. It cannot be done by forcing or compulsion.
Here are a few tips to create liking in them.
1. Attractive Books: We can choose some attractive picture books for children to see, touch, and read the words. Pictures attract children.
2. Laid visible: Books with bright color covers can be laid visible on the chair, the sofa in the hall, the seat of the car, kept on the toy shelf. This grasps their attention to read.
3. Make practice: Make a habit of reading one small and simple storybook every day.
4. Reading role model: If we read the books in front of them, they get inspired and start reading the books following us.
5. Picture talking: We can talk about the pictures in the storybook, share our experiences with them, and have fun together. This creates liking in them.
More Articles for Parents:
- How to regulate sleeping habits in Children?
- How to develop the art of communication in Children?
- How to overcome the fear of darkness in Children?
Comments are closed.