- Television is one of the electronic devices which people use for a long time.
- Each and every house has a Television.
- Television is a source of entertainment.
- Various channels telecast a variety of shows.
- After returning from school, children see it as a part of their entertainment.
- There are many cartoon channels available for children.
- It is a mass communication device.
- Many news channels are available to show the news every minute to the public.
- They reach people immediately.
Advantages of Television
- Variety of programs are a part of entertainment, information and advertisement.
- Each program has its timing for telecast.
- Nowadays, with the internet being popular, they are connected to Television also.
- We can see YouTube and many other programs like movies via TV at any time.
- YouTube helps us to learn all educational concepts in an animated way.
- Children can watch their favorite cartoons any number of times at any time of the day.
- We can watch all sports matches, tournaments, and live telecasts sitting at home.
- People who like serials and fun shows can have real entertainment as they are available on all days.
- Watching our favorite shows has become our relaxation activity also.
- Even if we miss a show, they are available to us to watch it later.
- It is a big recreational activity.
- We enjoy when we see our favorite programs, our mind also relaxes.
- It is good that we develop our knowledge also, from some inspiring educational programs.
- During Corona Pandemic times, when people were not able to go out, television played a vital role to engage people.
- The only enjoyable activity for children during that time was television.
- So, we get lots of benefits from it.
Disadvantages of Television
- Now, the problem arises, when we are not able to limit our screen time.
- It is hard to limit the time spent on TV as it inspires us to see more and more.
- This creates a lot of issues like eye problems due to long time watching.
- Then, children wish to see their favorite cartoons and they don’t like it to stop which leads to lack of concentration in studies.
- Apart from this, children are not willing to go outside to play and they like to watch TV during their free time which leads to physical fitness problems like obesity.
Though there may be problems in watching Television, it is really useful for each one of us. Watching TV has become a part of our day to day activities.