Allosaurus were huge, lizard-hipped dinosaurs. It lived 150million years ago, during the late Jurassic period, in parts of North America, Portugal, Eastern Africa, and Australia.
- The Allosaurus was a large carnivorous dinosaur.
- It was around 12metres long and three meters tall.
- Their head alone was about a meter long, and they had a Strong S-shaped neck.
- It had a bony red crest above their eyes, as well as a massive tail.
- They had strong, powerful legs and short arms, each with three fingers and sharp claws.
- Allosaurus had large, powerful jaws and sharp-edged teeth.
- Their teeth were curved inwards, which helped them bite off large chunks of their prey.
- These huge dinosaurs lived in open and dry areas containing patches of conifers, ferns, and cycads.
- Allosaurus were the most ferocious and largest predators of their time.
- The Allosaurus hunted small, weak, and sick dinosaurs.
- It was a scavenger also and fed on dead dinosaurs.
Other Essays on Dinosaurs: