- The Bear is a large wild animal with thick fur on its body.
- Bears can live for about 15 to 30years in the wild.
- Bears have a large, stout body with short, strong legs and large feet.
- They have an elongated head and short rounded ears.
- They also have curved claws, which help them in walking, running, digging, climbing, fighting, and killing.
- Bears feed on a variety of plants, fungi, fish, insects, and small mammals and hence they are called omnivorous animals.
- Some large bears, such as polar bears, feed on seals, while others are known to scavenge through garbage.
- There are different types of bears like the giant panda, black bear, sloth bear, polar bear, and brown bear.
- Bears live in mountains and forests and polar bears in the cold Arctic regions.
- A male bear is called a boar, and a female is known as a sow.
- The baby bear is called a cub.
Physical features: short stout body
Food habits: Omnivorous
Habitat: Mountains and forests
Male Bear: Boar |Female Bear: Sow |Baby Bear: Cub
For more Essays on Animals, please click the link below.